Ty has experience in the financial, recruitment, education, real estate and sporting industries. He has held senior management roles, sat on senior boards and worked frontline in large and small organisations. Ty’s strengths lie in his ability to view a business objectively and quickly assess the challenges whilst working closely with the organisation’ leaders.
His focus is on two main areas for our clients.
1) Leadership Transition coaching and consulting. Working with leaders before and during their transition into a new role to ensure a shorter path to effectiveness and with organisations on the on-boarding process to ensure the retention of the newly acquired leaders.
2) Strategy consulting, facilitation and consulting. Coaching executives on their strategy, facilitating strategic planning workshops / sessions or working with the business to design the strategy
Ty is currently completing his doctorate on Leadership Transitions. In the first study of its kind in Australia, the research is exploring leadership transitions in the Australian business community, specifically the aspects that promote or inhibit success during the leader’s transition. It also seeks to understand how the leaders and the organisations measure success during and post the transition period.
With his wife and four children, Ty lives on the Northern Beaches and when not working will be found either surfing or cycling – depending on the swell.
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology Major) 1992 UNSW
- Master of Business Coaching 2010 – Sydney Business School (UOW)
- Master of Business Administration with Distinction 2011 – Sydney Business School (UOW)